Recommended hardware for cluster on NT

From: Michael Keppler <Michael.Keppler_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 15:26:56 +0100

Hello everybody !

We want to build a cluster (of actually 2 computers) sharing one drive subsystem to achive security against hardware failures. We would prefer NT because there are some other selfmade business applications running on Windows, they should run on the same machines. What hardware would you prefer ? I mean, are there some general differences between compaq and hp computers for instance? At the moment our database is running on a P2-350, 512 MB, 14 GB RAID5 (but this computer is really to slow to handle it for a longer time). I think, in the next two years we will need about 5 to 8 times more computing power.
What (Oracle and NT) licences are needed for such an installation ?

Ciao and Thanks, Michael.

--
Michael Keppler, MCSE, MCP+I
IT logic GbR