Re: export from oracle8i and import into oracle8.0.5

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:09:53 -0000

have you spotted this conversation it should be adjusted for your versions and use the appropriate CATEXP*.sql scripts

Regards

Kevin

Hi

I migth have, I don't remember the versions of oracle, but anyway:

  1. Start "svrmgr" at the Oracle8 database
  2. Do a "Connect internal"
  3. Run the script "catexp7.sql" (localed in rdbms80/admin)
  4. Do an export with "exp" from Oracle7 towards Oracle8
  5. Run the script "catexp.sql" in svrmgr in Oracle8 to reverse the catexp7.sql
  6. Import as normal in Oracle7

Hope this helps!

--
Venlig hilsen
Frederik

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>