Re: Problem: NT, svrmgr23, and privilage

From: Anton Demidov <ad_at_ruir.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:37:30 +0300

Thenardier wrote
>Hi,
>
>Yesterday i tried to shutdown the oracle database on Win NT4.0 using
>svrmgr23. But even though i could correctly logged in as sys, system,
>and internal which (i think :)) have been granted dba types of
>privilages, svrmgr23 still tells me that i have no privilage to shut
>down the database. U can image, i just couldn'tt shutdown the
>database, all i did was to kill the db process in NT...
>
>Is there anying possibly going wrong? What should i do to check it
>out?

 You can start/shutdown the database ONLY as internal user (not SYSTEM or SYS) Stopping Oracle service through the Control Pannel generates "Shutdown abort" command and may course damage of database (you will need recover DB on startup)

for instance:

svrmgr23.exe
connect internal/oracle
shutdown immediate
startup
exit

If it does not work feel free to ask me

Anton Demidov
ad_at_ruir.com Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 05:37:30 CST