ST-enqueue problem

From: Cho, Hyon-Hyok <cho2h_at_kt.co.kr>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:53:16 +0900

Hi !!
I am running oracle8.0.1 OPS on IBM SP Machine... On my system, st-enqueue problem is very serious. so I'm very careful whenver I create any objects. I can bear it, too small initial or next size can cause st-enqueue contention.

But I can't understand why st-enqueue arose when I rebuild index!!!!(alter index ~ rebuild ;) My index-rebuild script performe rebulding across the whole nodes, and each node performe rebulding on its own tablespaces.
But when I start rebulding, I found that every command running across all nodes got a contentition problem.

Is there any parameter that can avoid st-enqueue contention problem?

Thanks, have a good time!!!!

At the edge of the chaos, You will find the new rule.....

Cho, Hyon-Hyok ( laurel_at_kt.co.kr )
Telephone: +82 - 2 - 3219 - 3667
Cellular : 016 - 308 - 2580
Marketing Support System Dept.