LGWR / CKPT Spin Out of Control

From: Rich Goldkamp <RJGoldka_at_dcss.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 06:04:20 GMT

Help -- I've got 2 instances running (Oracle 8.0.5) on Solaris 2.6. Occassionally, the LGWR and CKPT processes for one of the instances will start consuming massive amounts of CPU such that the system becomes quite unresponsive. The alert log shows no activity (very limited amount of log switches), and no background or user trace files are created. When we use Top Sessions, we can see no run away queries contributing to the problem.

Has anyone ever encountered strange behavior like this before? Where should I be looking to root out the ultimate cause of this?

Thanks,
Rich
--

Rich Goldkamp, Consultant, OCP		RJGoldka_at_dcss.com
Digital Consulting & Software Services	(504) 523-5005 x2736

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 00:04:20 CST