Re: Windows NT Server vs Windows NT Server Enterprise version

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:44:43 -0500

Windows NT 4.0 Server Enterprise Edition supports 4 cpu(s) and perhaps more memory (guessing
here).

It is Back Office Suite that has SQL server, Exchange server, Proxy Server, etc.

The Normal NT server software supports just 2 cpu(s).

If you want to scale you oracle database upwards at some point in the future, then buy WNT EE
now, because if you think about how oracle installs on the NT machne (in the registry), you
will not want to upgrade the OS at a latter point in time.