Pl/sql variable parameter list

From: Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_nospambigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:15:12 -0500

Can someone cut be the basics on passing in a variable list of parameters
to a PL/SQL procedure or function (both possible?) - A rather irritating
task of populating a many to many association table from a matrix has befallen me. There are 50 entries in one table (businessfunction) and 15
entries in the other (groups), and the many to many table could contain up
to 50*15 = 750 rows, but actually less than that. If it was a simple iterative
loop, it would be simple. What I'm envisioning is executing a procedure

50 times by hand, with the various entries for the other table listed off in
the parameter list like
exec populate ('businessfunction1',g1,g5,g8,g9,g10) or
exec populate ('businessufnction2',g1,g2,g3,g4,g5,g6,g7,g8,g9,g10) Then I can code the insert statements into the procedure or function. Can anyone give me the basics on how to work with a variable list like this?

Thanks,
Dc.