Re: Oracle 8.x on Solaris for Intel??

From: <babypuke_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:13:41 GMT

tried it--sol 2.7 for x86. couldn't even get the oracle installer to run. this was with 8.0.5. if you notice, the product is specifically called "oracle for sparc solaris, " not just any old solaris. just my $0.02. maybe someone else has gotten it to work.

as a side note, i've also found that solaris x86 has a very limited hardware compatibility list, at least compared to linux (a platform on which, as i'm sure you know, oracle has a fairly wide installed base). so it might be more headaches in general--not just with oracle--than it's worth.

In article <80pj8l$qir$1_at_birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,   "Roger Wallis" <rwallis_at_sprintmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried running Oracle 8 on Solaris for Intel, any flavor?
I am
> contemplating setting up an Intel Box with Solaris and Oracle for use
as a
> development platform. We are using a Sun UltraSparc with Solaris 2.6
as a
> production server. Any tips or suggestions, warnings?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 16:13:41 CST