Re: Oracle vs SQLServer info

From: jive <jive_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:32:11 -0800

I'm sure you can find performance benchmarks on either company's Web Site.

My opinion:
 Have worked (DBA) with both.
MS Sql Server -- departmental type database not designed for high performance, high scalibility needs...
Oracle-- truely an enterprise class RDBMS-- altho much more expertise needed for Administration. Multi platform capabilities. I don't think that SQL Server will run on anything but Windows. Having worked with Oracle now for the past couple of years (coming from MS SQL Server), I wouldn't go back. The difference is like night and day to me. If more detail needed, let me know...but that's what I have found.