Re: facing some problems using export with direct=y

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:28:43 +0800

duraisingh wrote:

> Hellow there:
> 1. I am facing some problems using export with direct=y
> (oracle7.3.3/Aix4.2)
> the job is abnormally terminating in the middle.
> I don't know what factor is causing this problem.
> I having one doubt that some times I am using utlbstat with
> timed_statistics=true. Is it causing any trouble.(is that a overhead to
> a db?)
> 2. Currently I am taking a hot backup in 4 tapes (5gb tapes , total tbs
> size is around 50gb)by firing 4 different scripts serially one after the
> other.
> I feel it is going to be a difficult one if the dbms grows larger.
> Since we have to manually take the tape and backitup again for the next
> script. I want it to do it by a single script by swapping automatically
> to the next one when first tape completes.
> Is there a way to do it.
> Since we are doing cold backups on that way without any manual
> interruption by using IBM sysbackup software.
> If someone shed some light on it . It would be helpful.
> TIA.
> John Durai

What error are you getting with the export ???

With the backups - some options:

  1. move to hot backup and back up only parts of the database each day so that you only need one tape per day - your recoveries will be a little more painful, but your backup admin will go down..
  2. buy a decent tape drive - stick a 35/70 DLT on the machine and forget about it. --
    Connor McDonald "These views mine, no-one elses etc etc" connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 06:28:43 CST