Re: help needed! can not conenct database.

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:28:37 GMT

Do not use a 'service name' --- the 'local' database is configured so as not to require a tnsnames.ora entry.....you can use one however, but be sure that your connect info is correct and that you are using the 'alias' not the instance name as the connect string...

At least this is the way it works on my NT system...