Re: 8i & linux... no sqlnet joy

From: Lothar Armbrüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 15 Nov 99 20:54:29 +0100

John Goodens wrote at 13-Nov-99 00:05:19 on the subject 8i & linux... no sqlnet joy:

>Hello.

>Installed 8i easily, seems the patch also patched everything o.k.

>sqlplus just doesn't connect.

The direct connect should work.

>running "adapters oracle" shows that no protocols are bound.

I encountered the same thing.

>When I installed no protocols were found
>Apparently this is is bug?

>How do I fix this?

Just call netasst (in $ORACLE_HOME/bin) to configure SQL*Net (or should I write Net8? :-)
You will have to start a listener with lsnrctl to be able to connect.

>All I need is to open a sqlnet session.

As I wrote above, the direct connection (i.e. sqlplus system/manager) works without sqlnet. So it should work right after installing Oracle on your machine.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--

Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Hauptstr. 26            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de