Re: Is it wise to create datafiles that use over 90% of the disk space?

From: Bruce Taneja <Bruce_Taneja_at_coregis.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:30:39 -0600

If you have only datafiles, it should be ok.. You can move the datafiles to a different file system, should some of them start growing..
-bruce

"Stephanie Wood" <steph2000_at_home.com> on 11/08/99 02:04:04 AM

Please respond to "comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com"

      <comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com>

To: "comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com"

      <comp.databases.oracle.server_at_list.deja.com> cc:
Subject: Is it wise to create datafiles that use over 90% of the disk space?

 Message from the Deja.com forum:
 comp.databases.oracle.server
 Your subscription is set to individual email delivery

Is it wise to create datafiles for Oracle on Unix (AIX) that fill the file systems over 90% full? Of course, I don't have autoextend on.

My Unix background says never fill a file system > 90% full, but if the datafiles aren't growing does Oracle have a problem with this? i realize that you don't want ORACLE_HOME to fill up, or other areas.....

Thanks!
Stephanie

 Deja.com: Before you buy.
 http://www.deja.com/