Oracle 8.0.5 Linux

From: Brian McKerr <mckerrs_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 21:22:58 +1000

Hello all,

            quick question.....does the above version of oracle allow Table Space Point in Time Recovery ?

I checked V$OPTION and it says "FALSE" however I can issue a "alter tablespace xyz begin backup" and it does not complain. The alert log shows the statement processed successfully also !

I checked dba_tablespaces and the tablespace appears as ONLINE. Is this correct ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brian

(Post replies to newsgroup please otherwise remove 'nospamm' to reply via email) Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 05:22:58 CST