Re: Using CLOB

From: <klone5399_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 00:15:56 GMT

I created the following package to access a CLOB column

create or replace package test_pack as
function test_func return varchar2;
pragma restrict_references(test_func, WNDS); end;

create or replace package body test_pack as function test_func return varchar2 is
get_clob CLOB;
buffer varchar2(20);
amt integer:=10;
pos integer:=1;
begin
select test_clob into get_clob from test_table where test_key = 1; dbms_lob.read(get_clob, amt, pos, buffer);

return buffer;
end test_func;
end test_pack;

I got the compile time error

 PLS-00452: Subprogram 'TEST_FUNC' violates its associated pragma

Since I am not writing to the database, should I get this error?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Nov 14 1999 - 18:15:56 CST