Re: Windows NT Server vs Windows NT Server Enterprise version

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:11:31 +0100

I agree with not seeing a performance boost. However there are also two editions of Oracle, and IMO he was also referring to that.
The Oracle Server Software doesn't contain amongst others Parallel Query Option (takes advantage of multiple cpus by distributing work)
Objects Option
Advanced Replication Option
Oracle Failsafe (for NT clusters)

He is definitely going to need the Enterprise Edition of Oracle. Personally I doubt whether NT is capable of handling 80-90 users, I would have choosen an Unix port.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA