Re: migrating access97 to oracle73 with many memos in one table

From: Multifarious <multifarious_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 14:09:26 GMT

d_b,

It's been a long time, but under access 1.2 going to Oracle 7.3.4 on NT, I was able to move multiple memo fields by doing the following:

Manully create a table in Oracle using varchar2(512) or longer if you want for your memo fields. Do not exceed 2k on these fields. Once the tables have been created, start you access and create links to the oracle tables using your ODBC. Create a SQL script in access to insert all the records from the access tables to the linked Oracle tables.

Good luck.