oracle error 1578: data block corruption.

From: Manmohan Mann <Manmohan.Mann_at_eds.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:18:33 -0500

Hi,

I need some help in deciphering the above mentioned error.

In attempting to upgrade from Oracle 7.1.6 to 7.3.3.6, during the process of importing into 7.1.6, I received the 1578 error multiple times (~25).

The import seemed successful, and the error never occurred during the importing rows portion of the process, but always after the "Analyze table estimate statistics" step.

Afterwards, I went in manually and issued the "Analyze table estimte statisitics" command and got the same "data corruption" error.

However, when I issue the command "Analyze table ... compute statistics" or "Analyze table ... validate structure" or "Analyze table ... validate structure cascade" no errors are returned.

As anybody else ever ran into this situation. Would there be a logical reason why estimate statisitcs would not work, but compute statistics would.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks,

Manmohan Received on Sun Nov 14 1999 - 03:18:33 CST