Re: Intermedia on 8i

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 20:47:44 GMT

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 07:47:32 -0500, "David Smith" <davesm_at_interlog.com> wrote:

>When indexing a text column using Intermedia on Oracle 8i (NT) I've noticed
>that a file gets written to the root of the C drive for each indexed row.
>These files have the form CTXHXn where n is the row number and they are
>always empty. I've been testing with a table that has about 1200 rows and so
>each time I index I get 1200 of these files dumped into the root of C.
>
>Does anyone know what these are for and how to stop them from being
>generated. They are not produced if the text column contains plain text so
>it seems to be something to do with the INSO filters.

These files are the temporary files created by the intermediate filtering process. The fact that they are not being deleted is certainly a bug, Bug # 83258, and there is a patch available.

This only affects interMedia Text on Windows NT and only for version 8.1.5.0. This bug has been fixed in 8.1.5.1.

>thanks.

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Service Industries

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sat Nov 13 1999 - 14:47:44 CST