Oracle 8.0.3, Windows 2000 server RC2, no go ?

From: Alain Fontaine <alain_at_valain.comremovethis>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:05:50 +0100

Hello,

I am trying to install Oracle 8.0.3 Enterprise edition on our Windows 2000 RC2 Server.

The installation goes fine until a certain point where I get an error message about the installer not being able to stop or remove an old NetSQL V2 service.

This is a fresh installation of both w2k AND Oracle, so obviously there is no service to stop or remove, and I guess there is even no NEED to do so, as it's a completely new installation.

Has anyone had success in installing Oracle 8.0.3 with Windows 2000 RC2 Server, build 2128 ?

I'd be happy if you could tell me how to solve my problem.

Thanks a lot ! Received on Sat Nov 13 1999 - 05:05:50 CST