Storage manager & schema manager don't work!!!

From: <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:43:06 GMT

Just finish to install Oracle 8i for SolarisSparc. Looks OK, then I continue to install OEM 2.0.4, also looks good.

I start 'Agent' by 'lsnrctl dbsnmp_start', and start 'Management server' by 'oemctrl start oms'. then I begin to 'discover nodes'. We only have one small instance in this sun box. So far everything is OK.

Now I want to try individual DBA management Pack Application. 'Instance Manager', 'Security Manager', and 'SQL*Plus worksheet' work well, but
'storage manager' and 'schema manager' cannot work at all. Either I
launch from OEM console or by 'oemapp storage', just don't work.

If launch from console, simply halt, I have to 'ctrl-c' to stop it. If I use 'oemapp storage', then I can choose launch from console or connect to database directly, since I know cannot launch from console, then I choose connect to database directly. I input the same username, password, service as those be used by 'sql worksheet', 'security manager'(they work!), but it halt again!!!!???? I also have to type
'ctrl-c' to stop.

Why do this happen? Oracle 8i database or OEM could be wrong?

Could anyone help me out? Thanks a lot! Pls also email me a copy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 16:43:06 CST