Re: too many logswitch ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:05:30 -0000

I would have expected 1,500 to 2,000 bytes per row of redo if you have been committing once every row, so you figure seems to be about 5 times too much.

Are you sure nothing else was going on, and that there were no indexes on the table ?

Are you sure that the redo block size is only 512 bytes on your platform ?

What do the 'redo size' and 'redo wastage' figures look like ? And how many redo blocks were written ? (see v$sysstat)

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk