Oracle & MS Access odbc problem

From: <elkbot_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 19:35:32 GMT

I was wonderinf if anybody out there might be familiar with this very frustrating problem I'm having. I am trying to export a table from microsoft access (the one that comes with office 2000) into an oracle 8.0 database.

I created an odbc connection and I am able to import data from the Oracle database into access... however, when i try to do an export i get a generic odbc error. I checked permissions and they are good (i'm using dba AND the same id is able to write tables when doing everything on the oracle side). The table does not already exist.

Has anybody run into this error before? Perhaps the driver is messed up (It's the standard oracle 8.0 driver for nt).

Help please!!!

regards,
earnie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 13:35:32 CST