Re: Error 1652 ...

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:55:21 GMT

In article <382BD6A3.FACF7A14_at_lanzinger.de>,   Joerg Lanzinger <joerg_at_lanzinger.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > 1) Are you doing a direct load? Direct loads do not use existing
> > allocations (except I think it will if a truncate is done) but take
new
> > ones
>
> Yes, I am direct loading (mostly for performance issues ...).
>
> > 2) Direct load or not take a look at you explicit storage allocation
> > for initial, next, and pctincrease. If the space exists within the
> > tablespace for the table then adjusting these should allow you to
> > proceed.
>
> Aeh, sorry. I think i didn't get that :-(
> The bad thing about this error is that it occurs after about one hour
of
> work. So, at the monent my working cycle is like: Alter *.ctl - start
> SQL*Loader - wait ... - view error log :-(
>
> But thanks for your answer
> Jörg

Joerg, what part of my answer would you like restated?

If your IOT has data in it, a direct load can not use the existing extents and must load all of its data into new additional extents. If the IOT is empty then truncate it before rerunning to be sure the high water mark has not been moved.

Before restarting, check your initial extent, next extent, and pctincrease parameters from sys.dba_tables/indexes and be sure they are sufficient to hold you fully loaded table, and that the tablespace has enough free space to hold the number and size of extents you will be requesting via the load. You should be able to estimate how much space you will need based on the number of rows you are trying to insert.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:55:21 CST