Monitoring and disabling file caching (with Oracle)

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:54:07 GMT

Hi,

We have and 3 Oracle Servers running on a E4500 with 10Gig, 10CPU's.

Recently I have tried to increase Oracle memory usage from ~6Gig to around 9 Gig, and right away the system started complaining about not having enough memory.

RIght now I let it use around 6.5 Gigs and seems to be handling batch jobs fine, and I am looking for ways to decrease the caching of files by Solaris. Plus looking for ways to check if I am running in DIrect I/O mode :)

Thanx for any help

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email