comp.databases.oracle.server

From: garych <garychNOgaSPAM_at_unidial.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:08:30 -0800

I intalled oracle 8i on an NT server mechine. Then I try to connect to the
database from a client mechine with NT also. I modified the tnsnames.ora on
the client mechine. The connection to the database which was created during
the intallation of oracle is fine. But the connection to the one I created
later always failed telling me incorrect password or user id. I can use this
password and user id to logon on the database on server mechine but not through client mechine. Can anybody tell me why?

Thanks.