Tablespaces and Datafiles

From: Ermina Chatzipavli <echatzip_at_filmnet.gr>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:12:06 +0200

Dear all,

I have the default database installed under NT, and via the Storage Manager, I saw the following, concerning tablespaces and datafiles:

Default datafiles Tablespace Status Size Used

rbs1orcl.ora         ROLLBACK_DATA    ONLINE    10M     5M
sys1orcl.ora         SYSTEM           SYSTEM    60M     55,154M
tmp1orcl.ora         TEMPORARY_DATA   ONLINE    2M      -------
usr1orcl.ora         USER_DATA        ONLINE    8M      6,8M

All datafiles have autoextend option set to ON. So I don't have to worried about the size, do I?

I want to create a second database (via Database Assistant). Can you suggest what size to input when asking about tablespaces (INDEX, USR, TEMP, etc). The database will be a medium one.

Thanks,

Ermina Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 09:12:06 CST