Re: Client cannot connect to WebDB

From: <ghottinger_at_ads-corp.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 14:51:23 GMT

Same problem: I installed Oracle8i on server (NT SP3) and client (Windows 98) with no problems from a trial version CD. I installed WebDB 2.1 from a download on the same server. WebDB runs on the server but no access from a client. I noticed the Listeners for both WebDB and 8i were running. I stopped the 8i Listener, but still no access from the client to WebDB. I’m trying to set up this software for evaluation. Any ideas from anyone are appreciated.

Thanks,
Chaocho

In article <s2f5a6b86i760_at_corp.supernews.com>,   Scott Brodsky <scottb_at_bit-net.com> wrote:
> I've got the same prob, Red Hat Linux 6.1, Oracle 8.0.5 and WebDB
> on the same server, i can LYNX to myself and i get some quick error
> about 'not authenticated' then it comes up asking for login and
pass...
> but when I use any other netscape/ie client machine on the same tcpip
> network,
> I get the standard host not found error... when I had the default
apache
> web server running on this machine i could access it just fine from
any
> client machine on the network.
> oh i'm using lynx cuz when i did my linux install I got text-only and
> just left it that way...any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Xander Burchartz wrote:
> >

> > I am running Oracle 8i and it still doesn't work. I got an email
which
> said
> > that WebDB doesn't support NT SP5 (which I am running). I'll
reinstall
> > everything and try SP3 or 4. Hope that that works.
> >
> > Peter Shaw <peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Any progress? I am running Oracle v8.0.3. In the release notes
for
> WebDB
> > it
> > > indicates that it works with Oracle databases 7.3.4, 8.0.5 and
8i. Is
> the
> > > problem this simple? I would be grateful if you could confirm
what you
> > have
> > > your end.

> > problem

> webbrowser,
> with

Controller is
> the

We have
> TCP/IP
> > is

> start
> > action

Waczenski_at_med.siemens.de>
> > wrote

> the
> > machine.
'oracle_box', use

> > service

> > > --
> > > Peter
> > > <peter.shaw_at_tiu.co.uk>
> > >

> --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 08:51:23 CST