Re: DB startup: end-of-file on communication Channel

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: 12 Nov 1999 13:20:14 GMT

Loki-2 <bart.van.hest_at_fair.nl> skrev i artiklen <382C114E.37E958CA_at_fair.nl>...
> Question from a non-DBA-er:
>
> When the 3 databases on the server are started after a reboot of
> the server, 2 of them are ok, the third gives an error message
> from svrmgrl. Is states that the instance is started and gives info
> on the System Global Area, etc. Next i get this message:
> ORA-3113 end-of-file on communication Channel
> Probably has to do with SQL-net settings so i checked the only
> SQL-net files i know:
> /etc/listener.ora
> /etc/tnsnames.ora
> These contain the TCP/IP settings for all 3 databases and seem to
> be o.k.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Bart

Answer from a non-DBA-er :-)

I think that the ORA-3113 just indicates that SQL-net cannot communicate with the base. Some other error has happened. I would check that the third base is actually running. Check the alertlog file for the third database. There might have been generated som *.trc files too.

Peter Laursen Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 07:20:14 CST