Re: BLOB, CLOB, NCLOB Datatype

From: TechnoAtheist <technoatheist_at_spamIsBad.email.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:51:06 GMT

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:46:41 GMT, an infinite group of monkeys claiming to be brightredfish_at_mindspring.com (Paul L. Kelly) wrote:

>"Alan" <newslette_at_iname.com> attempted to infuriate me by saying:
>
>>HI,
>>
>>My I know whether BLOB, CLOB, NCLOB datatype is supported by Oracle 8 Server
>>8.1.5?
>>
>>If I want to insert and image into Oracle server into a BLOB field, how can
>>I do so? by SQL?? or any other way? and How can I do it it Perl? i.e. use
>>perl to insert an image into the oracle database
>>
>>Thank You
>>
>>Alan
>>

>"These aren't the BLOBs you're looking for."

Funny, I too had a movie flash through my mind, but it had Steve McQueen running from a very large pool of grape jelly...

Inserting things into BLOBs is pretty easy, the trick is getting them out. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of the sequel so I didn't buy it. Correct me if I'm off base, I don't think Minnie Perl was in "It", and besides, I think she died years ago, but if you are into necromancy, that's your swing. And please remember to wear protection before you insert anything where it may not belong. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 02:51:06 CST