How to connect to Server with multiple ethernet ports

From: Gary M. Gealy <gsquared_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 06:01:54 GMT

Hello All, Hope someone can help here.

We are upgrading to an NCR 4300 with 4 ethernet boards which of means that we will have
4 different port addresses via which a user could connect to the Oracle DB running on this server.

To balance the load across the 4 ports I figure I will have to setup each PC with one of 4 different
TnsNames.ora files which is where I would specify one of the 4 port addresses.

Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way to do this so that I can use the same TnsNames.ora file
for all the PCs on the network?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-GMG- Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 00:01:54 CST