Re: how to start oracle services without password file

From: <jeremycdba_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:03:37 GMT

thanks for the reply but, I've already created the services and now want to start them.

The OracleServiceSID and OracleStartSID both start up but the database is not started. As stated in my initial posting the error message in oradim80.log is 'Please enter a password for the DBA account'. I'm not using a password file, the services were created without a password and the admin account that I'm connected as is in the ORA_SID_OPER AND ORA_SID_DBA groups.

Any more ideas?

In article <0a0133f8.8fb69f0b_at_usw-ex0101-005.remarq.com>,   Boogie <peter.finnNOpeSPAM_at_rsa12.royalsun.com.invalid> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The process depends on the Oracle version;
>
> For Oracle 7,
>
> Execute NT Instance Manager located in the Oracle For Windows NT Group
> and edit the instance, there are options to set the passsword and
start
> the database automatically.
>
> for Oracle 8
>
> - Stop the database
>
> - Delete the instance
>
> oradim80 -delete -sid SID
>
> - Recreate the instance
>
> oradim80 -new -sid SID -intpwd <password> -startmode <auto> -pfile
> <path\initSID.ora>
>
> - Check oracle_home\database\strt<sid>.cmd,
>
> The above script is used by the service to start the database, you may
> just have to examine the script and the log
>
> oracle_home\rdbmsxx\oradimxx.log
>
> to determine what your problem is !
>
> Boo
>
> * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network *
> The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet -
Free!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 14:03:37 CST