OPS on Intel - Help!

From: <suvamoy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:20:43 GMT

Hello,
We wanted to setup and evaluate a small Oracle Parallel Server configuration for a medium sized database (<= 5 GB). OPS is a required to satisfy the High Availability requirements of this database. However to keep our hardware costs low we did not want to use any of the RISC based solutions from IBM/SUN/HP but wanted to use a suitable Intel based platform instead (Compaq or Dell). We are however averse to using NT for this solution but instead wanted to use any of the PC based Unix OS like SCO, Solaris for Intel etc. However to our dismay we are finding that OPS does not seem to be supported on any Intel PC based Unix platforms. This seems to me most unusual and we have reached a dead end. If any of you could give us some information as to availabilty of OPS on any of the PC based Unix systems, we would really appreciate.

Thanks

Suvamoy Sen

Oracle DBA
NJ, USA Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 13:20:43 CST