Re: SQL*Loader Column Widths

From: Mark Prebilic <mprebilic_at_winstar.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:04:26 -0500

Pete,
I've run across this problem before and I was able to solve it by explicitly indicating a size in the fields clause of the control file. I'm not sure why that works, but who can argue with success? Here's an example where the where_clause field is larger than 257:

LOAD DATA
INFILE *
DISCARDFILE 'ld_mfsc_mapping_layout.dis' LOG YES
INTO TABLE LKP_MAPPING_LAYOUT
APPEND
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '#' TRAILING NULLCOLS (
-- FIELD_ID (Note: using SEQUENCE in the database)  RECORD_TYPE_ID INTEGER EXTERNAL,
 INVOICE_TYPE_CODE,
 FILE_NAME,
 CT_ID_COL,
 CID_ID_COL,