Ad hoc querying tools via the web ?

From: Shape Moc <p.m.shaw_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:32:51 +0000

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has built, or knows about any kind of tool which would enable end users to construct ad hoc queries over the web. I'm thinking about a kind of point and click interface which would build up the SQL behind the scenes.
I've built a simple interface where you type in native SQL and using OWA_UTIL and dbms_Sql it will execute the query and return the results in html format.
The next logical step it would seem is to build an interface to this to allow choice of tables and fields and input of 'where' clauses. As we are a bit behind in our technology (version7 of the database) I was wondering if someone has already done this and would be willing to share or sell it.

Thanks in advance for any tips or pointers.

regards
Pete Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 10:32:51 CST