Instance Recovery Question??

From: ccdicky in hotmail <ccdicky_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 23:47:10 +0800

Hi there,

Since I have to stop a long run "insert" process, I shutdown the Development database using "shutdown abort" command. Then startup the database again. As expected, the database takes a little longer time to startup because it have to clean up the things before openning the database. However, after the database have been opened successfully, I observe that there have much disk I/Os casused by the database even nothing is running on it.

Despite of the fact that I still re-run that long run "inset" process again. It takes a really really long time but still seems no progress. Again, stop it. So my question is that any "system" view can show me instance recovery is in progress.

Thanks in advance and any pointer would be appreciated.

Dicky Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 09:47:10 CST