Re: Remote connection through NAT

From: Christ Follower <christ_follower_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:01:33 GMT

The Oracle version is 8.0.5 and running on Sun Solaris. The clients are a mixed of NT and Unix. Actually I am trying to establish a remote database link that would use one Oracle on Solaris as a client to connect to a second Oracle on Solaris. We tested in one facility (without NAT complication) and everything worked. However, when we try to deploy the system, it does not work because of NAT.

I turned on tracer on server listener and the connection was "established"! The SQLNET.LOG on the client side generate the following error:
  VERSION INFORMATION:

        TNS for Solaris: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
        TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version 8.0.5.0.0 -
Production
  Time: 11-NOV-99 09:29:36
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 12203
    TNS-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination     ns main err code: 12560
    TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error     ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 530
    TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
    nt secondary err code: 148
    nt OS err code:
0

In article <DdspOElGnVvbwNHN4+52wTMvCEQj_at_4ax.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:
> A copy of this was sent to Christ Follower <christ_follower_at_my-
deja.com>
> (if that email address didn't require changing)
> On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:15:09 GMT, you wrote:
>
> >In our environment, we have a remote db that the db server can be
> >reached only through SISCO NAT TCP forward. The listener on that
server
> >is running on a different (internal) IP that NAT would forward
traffic
> >to. I am not able to use SQL*Plus to connect to that server. What
> >configuration change do I need to do? Thanks.
> >
> >Danny
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.
>
> platform?
> versions?
>
> I'll guess as to the platform -- NT.
>
> The listener recieves a connection from sqlplus. This works. The
listener by
> default will generate a wild card port number on the NT box and
redirect the
> client to connect to a specific (wrong as far as the client is
concerned)
> IP-Address and portno (a redirection). The client gets this info
back from the
> listener, disconnects from the listener and the tries to connect to
this new
> ip/port. That fails (since the ip address the listener has is not
visible to
> the client).
>
> The solution lies in the version of products. need to know that.
>
> --
> See http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ for my columns 'Digging-in to
Oracle8i'...
> Current article is "Part I of V, Autonomous Transactions" updated
June 21'st

> Thomas Kyte tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Service Industries Reston, VA USA
>
> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
Corporation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 09:01:33 CST