Oracle Application Server language problem

From: <kerstensa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:08:02 GMT

Hi,

I've build a setup on an Alpha machine running Digital UNIX using Oracle 8 Server and Oracle Application Server 4.0.7 (OAS). This setup is hosting a web application which gets data from the db using the OAS LiveHTML cartridge with embedded Perl script.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the database contains data in more languages (including German umlaut chars, like ü), but in the database (using sqlplus) I can see those chars correctly, while using the browser application I see ? chars on my screen. The data is fetched in perl arrays from the db using Perl DBI calls. I'm also using a logfile where I write this data and it is correctly displayed there. Another strange thing is that if I hardcode one of those umlaut characters into a LiveHTML source page, then the char is displayed okay on my browser!! All this seems like Perl is having a problem, but I have no idea what to do about it.

I have the following env variables set:

ORA_NLS=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
NLS_LANG=American_America.WE8ISO8859P1

LANG=De_CH.WE8ISO8859P1

Anybody have any suggestions??????? I'm working for days on this problem and I'm getting slowly desparate :-(

Thanks!

Andre

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 04:08:02 CST