Re: maxlogfiles and maxlogmembers

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 00:53:57 +0100

Karen Olsson wrote:
> If you are using Oracle 8, you can check the v$controlfile_record_section
> view. The records_to column is your limit for the parameters.

[Thanks Karen!]

I think that:
MAXLOGFILES = "REDO LOG"
MAXDATAFILES = "DATAFILE"
MAXLOGMEMBERS = ("FILENAME" - "DATAFILE" - 1) / "REDO LOG" MAXLOGHISTORY = "ARCHIVED LOG" - 2
MAXINSTANCES = "CKPT PROGRESS" With "xxx" I mean the value of the field "records_total" in the record for which the field "type" is 'xxx'.
Just select the records from v$controlfile_record_section and you'll understand.

Anyone have any corrections on this?

Thanks
--
Erwin Dondorp