ORA-28576 - Lost RPC connection to external procedure agent

From: <wes.riding_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:25:44 GMT

Problem: Trying to run External Procedures. Environment: Oracle 8.0.4, Solaris 2.6, c

In order to run External Procedures as recommended by the Oracle manuals, I created a separate Listener. This listener will be run by a user other than "oracle" (as per the documentation). The two listeners co-exist with no apparent problems, but when the PL/SQL is executed that makes the external procedure call, I get ORA-28576.

Here is the External Procedure entry in my tnsnames.ora: extproc_connection_data =
(DESCRIPTION =

    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = extproc_key))     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = extproc_agent))   )

Here is the External Procedure entry in my listener.ora: EXTPROC_LISTENER =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS= (PROTOCOL= IPC)(KEY= extproc_key))   )

SID_LIST_EXTPROC_LISTENER =
(SID_LIST =

    (SID_DESC =

      (SID_NAME = extproc_agent)
      (ORACLE_HOME = /u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.4)
      (PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
  )

Some say that the problem that causes ORA-28576 is often in the 'c' program. However, when I use a single listener with the extproc stuff included in that single listener, everything works fine. The problem only comes up when I try to use the separate listener.

Any suggestions?
--
Wes Riding
wes.riding_at_eds.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 10 1999 - 17:25:44 CST