Re: Rebuilding large index problem

From: Steve McDaniels <steve.mcdaniels_at_sierra.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:48:17 -0800

Your temp tablespace needs to be <at least> as large as your largest table. Indexes are sorted here.
Group bys are sorted here.
Distincts are collected here
yadda yadda (as George would say...)

You can have different "temp" tablespaces for different users.

I have a temp tablespace consisting of two 2G datafiles since my single largest table is just over 3G.
BTW: if your temp tablespace is too small, then I'll bet your rollback segments are too small as well.