Re: Multiple or Single tablespace

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:44:45 GMT

In general,you should have nothing in the SYSTEM tablespace except what Oracle itself puts there - so you need at least 2 - In reality, it is best to have tablespaces that are tailored ( initial, max_extents, pct_increase, etc ) for the data that will be stored in them...I always set up a separate tablespace for indexes and one for rollback segments in addition to those set up to hold production and test data....

hth,
John Greco
Oracle DBA
MnDOT