sort-of-simple Oracle questions

From: Steve Parker <steve_at_naweb.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:37:01 GMT

hello all,

I running Oracle 8.0.5 on Linux...

I have a few questions i hope somebody could help me with:

  1. Can a field in a table be a list of items (i.e., field EMAIL of table CUSTOMER contains a list of all email addresses the customer has)? Or, must you use a different table to encompas this info in the design?
  2. Is there a SQL command to simply view the current tables that exist in a tablespace - just thier names... or a tool that can do it (sqlplus, svrmgrl, ect)
  3. What useful log files are there? I know about listener.log which logs connection attemts to the Oracle listener, but what about logs for interaction with the database itself (i.e., record failed SQL attempts, ect...)

Any help with these oddly dispersed questions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
steve Received on Wed Nov 10 1999 - 12:37:01 CST