Install Problem Oracle 8i

From: TomEnneking <king_at_ij.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:06:07 -0500

First time install from CD I get to where Net8 Configuration Assistant loads okay and Oracle Database Configuration Assistant gets to about 88% loaded when I get error:

 ORA-00101: invalid specification for system parameter MTD_DISPATCHERS

and

 ORA-00102: network protocol(Address=Partial=Yes)(Protocol=TCP)

then ORA-01034: ORACLE not available.

I can only abort. When I try to log on to SQL*PLUS, I am unable. Can anyone tell me what I need to do?

Thank you,
Tom Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 20:06:07 CST