newbie: archivelog mode

From: Verna Legaspi <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 18:42:40 -0800

Greetings DBAs,

We recently had a problem with a couple of disks filling up from all the archived redo logs. Is it fairly safe to delete the old, archived logs if we have a "cold" backup of the database? Should our databases be in archivelog mode if we do complete backups nightly?

We have Oracle 7.3.2, 8.0.5, and 8i RDBMS.

Thank you,
Verna Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 20:42:40 CST