Re: Version 7.3.3. and Y2K

From: Suresh Bhat <suresh.bhat_at_mitchell-energy.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 21:38:10 GMT

Hi,

Two weeks ago we upgraded from 7.3.3 to 7.3.4 for precisely the same reason.

But prior to that we tested all our applications for Y2K compliance under 7.3.3 .

Only problem I found with 7.3.3 is that it comes with Pro*Fortran 1.8.3 which had a bug and would not support large cursors of 1000 characters or more. 7.3.4 comes with Pro*Fortran 1.8.4 and it supports large cursors.

AFAIK, apart from that I do not think there is any major difference !

Good luck !!!

Suresh Bhat,
Oracleguru
www.oracleguru.net

R.W. Fairbairn <richard.fairbairn_at_tesco.net> wrote in article <7vv7lj$5nd$1_at_epos.tesco.net>...