Error Executing function

From: Matt Clifford <cliffo13_at_pilot.msu.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 20:39:52 GMT

I am receiving the following error when I try to execute a function in SQL Plus 8.0 against Oracle 8.0.5.

SQL> execute forecast_fn;
begin forecast_fn; end;

      *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00221: 'FORECAST_FN' is not a procedure or is undefined
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

However, if I execute the function using a select statement it works.

SQL> select forecast_fn from dual;

FORECAST_FN

        499

The user I'm logged in as is the owner of the function, so I don't think it has to do with access rights.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this doesn't work?

Thanks,
Matt Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 14:39:52 CST