Linux / Oracle

From: Greg Akins <gakinsNOgaSPAM_at_gatewayhealthplan.com.invalid>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 10:16:38 -0800

OK, sorry for such a vaque question...

I am running Windows NT Workstation on a machine at home. I have a box with a Cyrix233 on which I would like to install Linux/Oracle.

Basically, I want a relatively easy setup so I can use the Oracle server as quickly as possible. But, I want to use Linux (rather than NT) so as time goes by I'll start to learn more about Linux.

Anyways, can somebody provide some suggestions for a Linux dist which will 'easily' support a Cyrix233, Oracle 8.0.5 and also has pretty wide support for network cards.

Finally, will mapping a drive between the Linux and NT box be relatively easy?

I had planning on just buying Redhat, but if a different distribution may work better, then by all means.

-greg