Re: Checking for Corrupt Redo Logs

From: Aamir Siddiqi <aamir_mas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:33:15 +0500

Dear Sanjeev,

As far as online redo logs are concerned, you dont have to worry about them, Oracle server itself takes care of the integrity of these logs. However you have to be extra careful about the archive redo log files, becuase sometimes these get corrupted due to some media failure (bad tape, disks etc).

You should perform restore excercise on a backup machine routinely, to verify the authenticity of redo logs. Also if it is possible to create a standby database, then go for it. This can further minimize the downtime, in case of any failure to the live database.

Regards,

Aamir Siddiqi