Re: Rule vs. Cost

From: Nordine Vandezande <nordine.vandezande_at_virgajesse.be>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 13:43:47 +0100

Last week i upgraded a database (with cost-based optimization) from 7.2.2 to 7.3.4.
A specific query took more than a minute to run in the new database, while it took 1 second in the previous version.
I investigated the problem and noticed that it was a long time ago that the tables where analyzed, so i analyzed it again. Now, my query took more then 3 minutes!!! So i deleted the statistics, which as a result that my query took 1 second (and still using cost-based optimization)!!! It seems to me that there is definitly something wrong with cost-based optimization in Oracle V7. Received on Tue Nov 09 1999 - 06:43:47 CST